Currently, Celerum are seeking expressions of interest from candidates for the position of Chief Executive Officer. If you would like more information or to discuss this opportunity further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Celerum Ltd.
Celerum were Incorporated to commercialise the research of Professor John McCall at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. John is currently Head of Research at the National Subsea Centre and CEO of Celerum.
We build software using AI algorithms that are based on natural processes and behaviours, an area of technology called nature-inspired computing (NIC), solving difficult learning and optimisation problems.
We have built various products around NIC algorithms and simulations to solve complex logistical challenges, with an initial focus on transport and maritime planning optimisation.
Celerum are looking for an experienced CEO to take this innovative start-up company and seize the significant market opportunity in transport logistics. You would scale up the customer base and revenues, and lead growth within the team.
This is an exciting time to join a company that has proven technology across industries where you will lead transformational growth demonstrating the uniqueness that our technology has to offer.
The current team is in the Aberdeen area with the ideal candidate located in that vicinity, although the team is currently virtual so other locations will be considered.
We are looking for a leader who can quickly grasp the technology and communicate the opportunity effectively to customers.
You must be able to lead the company strategy, manage the staff members effectively, be responsible for the financial performance, and drive an efficient culture across the organisation.
- Create an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the company’s mission, vision, and values
- Develop and implements the strategy for the growth of the company
- Develop business prospects and licensing opportunities, implement appropriate and effective marketing strategies, manages contract negotiations
- Lead discussions with investors and shareholders to fund expansion
- Operational management of the growing team
- Develop effective recruitment, training, and compensation plans to attract and retain exceptional employees
- Manage financial performance and key risks to the business
- Oversee the development and implementation of new products and services
- Represent the company at important business/industry events and networking opportunities
- Communicate effectively with the board on the operational activities, industry trends, financial performance, and risks
Required experience and skills:
- Business leadership and management
- Marketing and business development
- Strategic planning and vision
- Demonstrable track record of developing significant software-based commercial opportunities
- Managing the development of new products or services
- Financial planning
- Management experience with P&L and strategic development accountability
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field
Beneficial skills and experience:
- 10 years of strategic development accountability
- Experience of B2B commercialisation
- Experience of software services in the logistics management field would be valuable
- Experience working with Agile software development teams